See below ingredients and instructions of the recipe
3/4 c Corn oil 5 Eggs
4 oz Butter or margarine, 2 1/2 c Cake flour
-- softened 1 ts Baking soda
2 1/4 c Granulated sugar 1 ts Salt
1/2 c Unsweetened cocoa 3 c Green apples, peeled
Powder; firmly packed -- diced (1/2-inch)
2 ts Cinnamon; ground 1/2 c Currants or raisins
1/2 ts Nutmeg; grated 1 c Powdered sugar
1/2 ts Allspice; ground 1/4 c Brandy
Recipe by: 365 Great Chocolate Desserts - ISBN 0-06-016537-5
Preparation Time: 1:30
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 12-cup bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together oil, butter, and granulated sugar
with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended, about 2
mins. With mixer on low, beat in cocoa, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and
allspice. With mixer on medium, add eggs, one at a time, beat well
after each addition.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to chocolate
mixture, beating only enough to combine. Stir in apples and currants.
Turn batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
4. Bake 55 to 60 mins, or until a cake tester inserted in center
comes out clean. Let cool in pan 20 mins, then unmold onto a rack to
5. Meanwhile, prepare glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered
sugar, remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, and brandy until smooth. Drizzle over
cool cake, letting some run down side. Serve warm or at room