"Jamie Oliver recipe - Swedish meatballs are a traditional Scandanavian comfort food that your family will love. This recipe calls for both ground pork and ground beef. The result is a flavorfull, hearty meal. Serve Swedish Meatballs with rice, over noodles, or mashed potatoes."
Recipe by: jamie-oliver
Rate this recipe (2 votes)
528 people have saved this recipe
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Tear the bread into pieces and place in a mixing bowl with milk, set aside.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a sauté pan, add onion; sauté onion until soft, remove from heat.
4. Combine milk and bread mixture, ground beef, ground pork, egg yolks, salt, pepper, allspice, and onions in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes; roll mixture into 1-inch rounds.
5. Brown meatballs in a sauté pan over medium-high heat for 7 to 10 minutes; place meatballs on pan and place in the oven to warm.
6. Heat the pan on low heat and add flour; whisk until lightly brown, approximately 1 to 2 minutes; slowly add the beef stock and whisk until sauce begins to thicken; add cream and continue to cook the gravy until desired consistency is reached.
7. Remove meatballs from oven and cover with gravy.