See below ingredients and instructions of the recipe
1/2 c Boiling water 1/2 c Sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 c Butter or margarine 2 Eggs, unbeaten
1/8 Teasp. salt
(small cream puffs with chocolate sauce)
Creme Patissiere, below Chocolate Sauce, below
1. Start heating oven to 375ø F. Bring water, butter, salt to boil.
Add flour, all at once; then, beat over low heat until mixture leaves
sides of pan and forms compact ball.
2. Remove from heat; continue beating to cool slightly--about 2 min.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. After
last egg has been added, beat until mixture has satinlike sheen.
4. Onto greased baking sheet, drop mixture in walnut-size balls. Bake
until golden and puffy--about 30 min. Remove from oven, cut slit in
side of each; bake 5 to 10 min more. Cool.
5. Fill puffs with Creme Patissiere or whipped cream. Arrange in
serving dish. Pour hot Chocolate Sauce over all. Serve 2 or 3 per
person. Makes 20 puffs.
Creme Patissiere: 2 cup milk 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup flour
1/8 teasp. salt 5 egg yolks, beaten 1/4 teasp. vanilla extract
1. In double boiler, heat cream.
2. Combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add to egg yolks; beat until
3. Stir some of hot cream mixture into egg yolks; mix well. Stir egg
mixture into the remaining cream mixture in double boiler.
4. Cook over hot water, stirring constantly, about 15 min. or until
mixture is thickened and coats spoon. Remove from heat.
5. Add vanilla; cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate overnight.
Chocolate Sauce: In saucepan, simmer 1 cup water and 1 1/3 cups
semisweet-chocolate pieces until thickened and smooth. Makes 2 cups.