See below ingredients and instructions of the recipe
6 ea (1oz) squares semisweet 1/3 c Unsweetened cocoa
-chocolate 2 tb Milk
1 tb Shortening 1 ts Vanilla extract
2 pk (3oz) cream cheese, softened 2 c Heavy or whipping cream
4 tb Butter, softened 2 pt Strawberries
1 1/2 c Confectioners'sugar Mint leaves for garnish
ABOUT 3 HOURS BEFORE SERVING OR EARLY IN DAY:
1. Line 9"x9" baking pan with foil as smooth as possible.
2. In heavy 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate with
shortening until melted, stirring frequently.
3. Pour melted chocolate into pan; swirl chocolate around sides and
bottom of pan to cover entire inside of pan. Refrigerate 1 minute;
swirl chocolate a second time to reinforce sides of chocolate box.
Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
4. Prepare filling: In lg bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream
cheese and butter until smooth (do not use margarine or filling will
be too soft to cut). Add confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk, and
vanilla; beat until fluffy.
5. In small bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff; fold into
cream cheese mixture.
6. Remove foil-lined chocolate box from pan; gently peel foil from
chocolate box. Place chocolate box on platter. Spread cream-cheese
mixture in chocolate box. Refrigerate until filling is firm, about 2
7. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat remaining V2 cup
cream until stiff peaks form. Spoon into decoratin bag with large
rosette tube. Pipe whipped cream in 1" wide border on filling around
chocolate box. Cut larger strawberries in half and arrange over top
of filling. Garnish with mint. Slice remaining strawberries to serve
Each serving: About 500 calories, 40 g fat, 107 mg cholesterol, 125 mg
Good Housekeeping/July'94/scanned fixed by DP GG