"Discover how to cook this fruit dessert recipe. Dessert recipe for free. Delicious fruit recipe. Dessert recipe, cooking tips and food recipe. Easy and quick dessert recipe!"
Recipe by: gittel
Rate this recipe (1 votes)
105 people have saved this recipe
See below ingredients and instructions of the recipe
2/3 c Raw regular white rice
1 3/4 c Milk
1/4 c Granulated sugar
Butter or margarine
1/8 Teasp. salt
1 pk Unflavored gelatine
2 Tablesp. water
2 Egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 c Heavy cream, whipped
1/2 Teasp. vanilla extract
Early in day or day before:
1. Cover rice with water; bring to boil- turn off heat; let stand 5
min. Drain, rinse in cold water ; drain well.
2. In double boiler, combine rice, milk, sugar, 1/2 tablesp. butter,
and salt; cook, covered, over boiling water, 45 min., or until rice
3. Sprinkle gelatine on top of water to soften. Meanwhile, butter a
ring mold (5-to-6-cup capacity).
4. Toss rice with fork to separate grains; into it, stir softened
gelatine and egg yolks. Refrigerate until cool.
5. Into rice mixture, fold cream and vanilla. Turn into mold.
Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
PRUNE COMPOTE: 1/2 lb. dried prunes 1 cup Marsala wine 1 lemon slice
1/4 cup apricot jam
Soak prunes in water to cover.
Early in day:
1. Drain prunes, reserving liquid.
2. In saucepan, combine prunes, wine, 1 cup liquid from prunes, lemon
slice; simmer, uncovered, about 30 min. or until prunes are tender and
liquid reduced to
3. Stir in apricot jam; refrigerate.
To serve: Unmold rice ring on serving plate; fill center with prunes
and a little syrup; over each serving, spoon remaining syrup. Makes 8
to 10 servings.
American celebrity chef. Top Southwestern cooking. He hosts Throwdown! Earnings: $2 million
Award-winning television personality. The queen of fried foods and Southern cooking. Earnings: $9 million
French celebrity chef. The "Chef of the Century" with 26 Michelin Guide Stars - the most of any chef in the world!
Discover the best chicken recipes with pictures: grilled, roasted, barbecue. All delicious chicken recipes for the family!
Discover the best salad recipes with pictures: lettuce, tomato, etc...
Delicious and light salads!
Discover the best chocolate recipes with pictures: black, with milk, desserts, ice cream, pie, white chocolate, etc...