Turkey,dressed 3 ½ kg.
Lemon large cut in half 1 no.
Bacon 5 slices
Butter 150 gms.
Dry white wine 75 ml.
Par boiled potatoes 500 gms.
Mustard ½ tsp.
Turkey giblet and liver, chopped amp; sauteed in a little butter until cooked.
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Apricot and rasin stuffing
1.Heat the oven to 220 degree C, with a damp cloth wipe the turkey inside-out and dry with absorbent paper.
2. Pack the apricot and rasin stuffing inside the bird and seal the bird.
3. Rub the skin all over with cut lemon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lay the bacon over the breast. Place in the roasting tin.
4. Melt 125 gms of butter in a small saucepan until it is just bubbling. Pour it over the turkey then add the dry white wine to the tin and cover the bird loosely with foil.
5. Place it in the oven. After 15 mins turn the oven down to 170 degree C and cook for further two and a half hours, basting every twenty -thirty minutes with the juices.
6. Melt the remaining butter. Add the par-boiled potatoes, baste thoroughly and place it on the turkey tray. Cook the turkey and potatoes for further one hour.
9. Remove the foil and bacon slices from the breast for the last 30 mins of cooking to allow the breast to brown.
10. Transfer the turkey and the potatoes to a warm serving platter.
11. Skim the fat from the pan juices and add the mustard and chopped giblets and liver with 2 tbsps of water to the roasting tin. Boil for 2-3 minutes and pour into a sauce bowl.