"Low carb recipe - Discover how to cook this recipe free. Ideas for dinner to cook a healthy recipe. Delicious low carb recipe. Cooking tips and food recipe. Easy and free recipe!"
Recipe by: eber
Rate this recipe (1 votes)
90 people have saved this recipe
See below ingredients and instructions of the low carb recipe
Note: This is a whole grain-like bun, that rises higher than the original Atkins' (and stays
puffed on cooling), has a nice "cracked wheat" texture, slices in half (for burgers)
without disintegrating, and very nice flavor, not so eggy.
3 eggs, room temperature, separated
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3 Tbsp ricotta cheese
1 Tbsp soy flour
1 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
3 Tbsp wheat bran
2 Tbsp flax meal
1 tsp baking powder
2 - 3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg whites, set aside.
- Blend yolks, ricotta, soy flour, vital wheat gluten, bran and flax meal. Add a couple
Tbsp water to "lighten" the batter a little, then stir in baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then gently and quickly fold in the yolk mixture. Don't worry if
there are a few streaks of white ... you don't want to break down the fluffy whites and
end up with runny batter.
- Make 6 buns by mounding spoonfuls of the mixture on top of one another on a
greased baking sheet
- Place in hot oven; immediately reduce heat to 300 F. Bake for 20 min. Then, reduce
heat to 250 F and bake for another 20 min. Buns should be glossy, golden and firm to
- Cool on a rack completely, before storing in airtight container.
Heston Blumenthal - The Fat Duck
The Fat Duck is voted the #1 best restaurant in the world by Michelin Guide (celebrity chef from England)
Top chef of the "California Cuisine" all over U.S. Earnings: $16 million
American celebrity chef. Top Southwestern cooking. He hosts Throwdown! Earnings: $2 million
Discover the best chicken recipes with pictures for all family: hamburger, hot dog, tuna, beef, vegetarian, etc...
Discover the best salad recipes with pictures: lettuce, tomato, etc...
Delicious and light salads!
Discover the best meat recipes with pictures: chicken, pork, beef, veal, etc... Try delicious meat free recipes!