See below ingredients and instructions of the recipe
2/3 c Raw regular white rice
1 3/4 c Milk
1/4 c Granulated sugar
Butter or margarine
1/8 Teasp. salt
1 pk Unflavored gelatine
2 Tablesp. water
2 Egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 c Heavy cream, whipped
1/2 Teasp. vanilla extract
Early in day or day before:
1. Cover rice with water; bring to boil- turn off heat; let stand 5
min. Drain, rinse in cold water ; drain well.
2. In double boiler, combine rice, milk, sugar, 1/2 tablesp. butter,
and salt; cook, covered, over boiling water, 45 min., or until rice
3. Sprinkle gelatine on top of water to soften. Meanwhile, butter a
ring mold (5-to-6-cup capacity).
4. Toss rice with fork to separate grains; into it, stir softened
gelatine and egg yolks. Refrigerate until cool.
5. Into rice mixture, fold cream and vanilla. Turn into mold.
Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
PRUNE COMPOTE: 1/2 lb. dried prunes 1 cup Marsala wine 1 lemon slice
1/4 cup apricot jam
Soak prunes in water to cover.
Early in day:
1. Drain prunes, reserving liquid.
2. In saucepan, combine prunes, wine, 1 cup liquid from prunes, lemon
slice; simmer, uncovered, about 30 min. or until prunes are tender and
liquid reduced to
3. Stir in apricot jam; refrigerate.
To serve: Unmold rice ring on serving plate; fill center with prunes
and a little syrup; over each serving, spoon remaining syrup. Makes 8
to 10 servings.