See below ingredients and instructions of the recipe
4 lb Veal
Water to cover
2 c White wine
1 Peeled onion, cut in half
3 Bay leaves
Butter and Flour for white
3 ts Capers
1 ts Dill, chopped
1 c Heavy cream
2 Egg Yolks
Contributed to the echo by: Bill Birner Originally from: Gunter Preuss
Here's a recipe from another New Orleans Chaine de Rotisseur award
winner, Gunter Preuss. This is by Gunter Preuss of Versailles
Restaurant in New Orleans, a favored and elegant 5 star place. Some
amounts he omitted which need to be guessed at, to taste. VEAL
FRICASSE w. CAPERS DILL
1. Cut veal in 1 inch strips, (not too lean - not too fat.)
2. Evenly cover with water and bring to slow boil. Rinse clean.
3. Cover veal with water, season with salt, white wine, onion, bay
leaves, cloves, simmer until cooked.
4. Make a white roux and use strained stock for sauce. Cook until
flour taste is gone.
5. Add capers, dill, pepper and nutmeg. Adjust seasoning to taste.
6. Add cooked veal to sauce and simmer 10 more minutes.
7. Before serving, mix cream and egg yolks and pour very slowly into
Serve with rice or noodles.