See below ingredients and instructions of the recipe
1 1/2 c Milk 3 c Cubed 1" challah, or 3
1 3/4 c +2 T heavy cream -croissants cut into 1/2"
6 tb Sugar -cubes (3 cups) or 1/3
1 1/2 c Semisweet chocolate chips -French baguette, split
1/8 ts Salt -lengthwise and cut into 1/2
3 lg Eggs, lightly beaten -inch cubes (3 cups)
1. Heat milk, cream, sugar, chocolate chips and salt in a medium sized
saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally until the chocolate is
completely melted and all the chocolate specks are gone, 3-4 min.
Remove from the heat.
2. Briskly whisk in the eggs.
3. Place the cut-up bread in a large bowl and pour the chocolate mix-
ture over the bread. Toss, then refrigerate the pudding for 2-3
hours, tossing the mixture occasionally with a large spoon to be sure
all the bread is soaked. You can pull a few pieces apart with your
fingers to check.
4. Fifteen minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 350F. Generously
grease a 6 or 8 cup souffle dish with butter.
5. Scoop the pudding into the prepared dish. Bake on the center oven
rack until the top is crisp, about 40 minutes. They lay a piece of
aluminum foil loosely over the surface of the pudding and bake until
the pudding is set and a tester inserted close to but not in the
center comes out dry, 30 minutes or more. Cool slightly before
Source: Rosie's Bakery All-Butter Fresh Cream Sugar Packed No Holds-
: Barred Baking Book, Author Judy Rosenberg
Typed for you by: Linda Fields, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY
315-786-1120 or 315-785-8098