Paula Deen's Tips On Leftover Food:
* If you are making pasta or rice, cook some extra and store in refrigerator for the next meal.
* Keep some boiled potatoes in fridge, to make quick sandwiches for breakfast.
* Use left over rice for next day meal, use your imagination and cook something new.
* Keep some extra dough in fridge to make chapatis for breakfast.
* Use leftover sukhi dal to make stuffed paratha.
Paula Deen's Tips On Frying :
* Heat the oil thoroughly before adding seasonings or vegetables.
* Fry the seasonings until they change color, to get full flavour of seasonings.
* If masala sticks to the pan that shows quantity of fat included is not enough.
* Add some hot oil and 1/2 tsp of baking soda in batter while making pakodas.
* When coconut is used in grinding masala, do not fry for a longer time.
* If you are making patties or tikkis of potatoes, always make sure that the potatoes are boiled well in advance and cooled before you use them. It would be better if they can be refrigerated for a short time. This helps the starch in the potatoes to settle down and the tikkis will not be gooey.
* Smoke Mustard oil first before using for preparing vegetables etc.. by heating to a point till light white smoke emerges from it. This would remove the potency from the oil.
* Poori can be rolled and place between well-rinsed wet muslin cloth at least an hour ahead and can be Fried before serving.
* To make pooris more crispy add a little rice flour to the wheat flour while kneading.
* Pakodas will turn out crisper if a little corn flour is added to the gram flour (besan) while preparing the batter.
* Heat a non-stick pan and add a little more butter than usual. Now beat the egg and stir briskly (even while frying) with a fork. This way more air goes in your omelet, making it light and fluffy. Fry till done and serve hot.
* Sprinkle a little amount of salt in the frying pan before adding bacon to fry. That way it will not splatter all over.
* When browning meat in fat, choose a large, deep pan. This will enable you to fry quickly, without splashing the stove with fat and meat juices.
Award Winning chefs - We brought together world-renowned chefs tips to share their most innovative celebrity recipes and cooking tips.
American celebrity chef. Top Southwestern cooking. He hosts Throwdown! Earnings: $2 million
English celebrity chef also known as The Naked Chef. BBC food television shows.
Celebrity chef. Italian cuisine chef who owns 13 restaurants. Earnings: $3 million
Discover the best fish recipes with pictures for all family: sushi, tuna, hake, sea bream, salmon, and more fish recipes.
Discover the best cheese recipes with pictures: cheesecake, fondue, pie, sandwich, appetizer, and more.
Discover the best pasta recipes with pictures: raviolis, spaghettis, lasagna, cannellinis, and more pasta recipes!